This year the programme of events is bigger and better than ever before. At this stage, events are being added all the time so please ensure you follow us on twitter for updates @wexfordfoodfest and facebook @wexfordfoodfestival
“The Happy Pear Swim and Breakfast” @ 10am at Rosslare Strand and afterwards at Wild and Native (Confirmed)
In conjunction with “Wexford masters Open Water Swim Club” there will be a 500 meter and a 1,000 meter swim. Entry is €10 for swim only with unlimited numbers. Swim, breakfast and a healthy dose of fun is €20 with numbers limited to 45. Profits in aid of RNLI. To book please contact 0876887319.
“Free Open air Food Producers Market” @ 10am – 6pm in Selskar and South Main Street (Confirmed – Free Public Access)
Selskar Square & South Main Street in the heart of Wexford town will host an outdoor food producers market featuring local & regional and Welsh artisan producers. Food producers and growers will display fresh produce ranging from breads, cakes, ice cream, seasonal fruit including Wexford’s famed strawberries, eggs, cheese meat and much more! To add to the festival atmosphere a tasty side helping of family entertainment will also be provided.
Street Entertainment provided by 7th Fret and Emerald Folk.
“Fulacht Fiadh” in the Irish National Heritage Park from 11am until 2pm (Confirmed)
Radiocarbon dating indicates that the majority of fulachtaí fiadh were constructed during the mid to late Bronze Age (c.1500- c. 500 BC), though some Neolithic examples are known.It is postulated that these pits were filled with water and heated stones thrown in to create a pool of boiling water in which meat was cooked. Transport yourself back in time for this exciting demonstration.T o book please contact the Irish National Heritage Park Tel: (053) 9120733 (office hours).
Guided Foraging @ 12 Noon (Confirmed)
“Guided Foraging”. This fantastic Guided Foraging excursion is by Blackstairs Eco Trails will take place at 12 noon. Meeting at the Public Car Park, The Raven, Curracloe. Wear appropriate clothing. Children Under 12 Free. Cost €10 PP. Free Food Tastings and Recipes. Trips last 90 minutes. No advance booking required but please be nice and confirm your intention by calling Mary on 0872707189.
The “Happy Pear” Cookery Demonstration @ 12.30 in Greenacres (Confirmed)
Places strictly limited. Tickets €15 from Greenacres. To book please contact Greenacres, Tel: (053) 9122975. Numbers are strictly limited, first come first served. Tickets €15 from Greenacres. Unlikely to be available on the day.
South Main Ale Trail (Confirmed – Free Public Access)
“Simon Lambert & Sons” – Outdoor Festival Bar with YellowBelly Beer & Live Music.
“The Sky & The Ground” – South Main Social showcasing the best original musicians from Wexford and beyond. Exclusive festival beers on tap all weekend. Red Breast Whiskey Tasting at 8pm.
“Bugler Doyles” – As well as great Irish beer pouring all weekend and plenty of televised sport for visitors, there will also be Live Music from 9:30pm onwards
For accommodation during the festival check out Trivago
Some of this years Exhibitors
- 25 May 2016Kearns Fruit Farm
- 25 May 2015Baldy & Doyle
- 14 Apr 2015Bad Boys BBQ
- 14 Apr 2015Wicklow Rapeseed Oil
- 17 Jan 2015The Hartrey Kitchen
- 17 May 2014Crepe Cuisine
- 11 May 2014Moran’s Homestore
- 30 Apr 2014Greenacres
- 17 Apr 2014Grub Hub
- 15 Apr 2014The Barista Bike
- 17 May 2013Crepes Station
- 08 May 2013Caws Cenarth Cheese
- 05 May 2013Taste with Gusto
- 03 May 2013Thai Food Company
- 30 Apr 2013Bart’s Belgian chocolates
- 22 Apr 2013Irish Piedmontese Beef
- 18 Apr 2013Greenhills Fruit Farm
- 18 Apr 2013Rodrigo Trading
- 18 Apr 2013The Little Welsh Deli
- 18 Apr 2013Carn Edward Lamb and Longhorn Beef
- 02 Feb 2013Mezze – Middle Eastern Foods
- 02 Feb 2013Marco Crisps
- 25 May 2012Mr Muffin Man
- 25 May 2012Craft Central
- 17 May 2012Oddsocks Party Entertainment
- 17 May 2012Masterfood Ireland
- 15 May 2012Dinky Donuts
- 11 May 2012Jenny’s Cupcake
- 11 May 2012The Soul of Crete
- 26 Apr 2012Cake Face Pastry
- 26 Apr 2012Slice Wood Fire Pizza
- 26 Apr 2012The Sausage Experience
- 25 May 2010Inspirations4U
- 25 May 2010Sweet Obsession
- 25 May 2010Piper’s Cafe
- 25 May 2010Lala Poultine
- 25 May 2010Elm Tree Farm
- 25 May 2010The Jungle Food Company
- 25 May 2010The Sausage Hut
- 07 May 2007Irish National Heritage Park